Looking for a quick, simple dish that is both delicious and incredibly versatile? Look no further than this creamy, savory coconut curry beef. It’s great on its own in a bowl if you’re in a real rush, in a lettuce wrap, or placed on top of a roasted sweet potato. This would also be delicious as the filling for a stuffed pepper, and was delicious as the filling for an omelet the next day.
Better still- this is super easy to make and really inexpensive as well. The hubby couldn’t stop raving about how good this was. So try this out in your own kitchen and let me know what you think!
Here’s how to make this in your kitchen:
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 fennel bulb
- 1 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp coriander
- 3/4 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
1. Add your favorite cooking fat to a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Once the fat is melted add the garlic and fennel to the pan and cook, stirring frequently, until it browns slightly and begins to soften, about three minutes.
2. Add the ground beef to the pan and cook, breaking up the meat as you go, until it is browned and cooked through, about 3-5 minutes.
3. Add the remaining ingredients (coconut milk and all of the spices) to the meat mixture and stir to combine fully. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally until the liquid reduces by about half and the mixture is now just creamy and not soupy.
4. Add the meat to a bowl, sweet potato or lettuce wrap, eat and enjoy!